There are numerous tinnitus treatments and remedies, but the trick is finding the one that works best for you. There are many causes of tinnitus. Although there is no one cure for tinnitus there are many tinnitus treatments available for silencing tinnitus symptoms such as constant hissing, whooshing, crackling, or ringing in the ears. Below are some of the most popular tinnitus treatments.
- Vitamins and minerals for tinnitus: Sometimes, tinnitus occurs because of nutritional deficiency. Studies have pointed to supplementation of zinc, magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin C as an effective means of treating tinnitus.
- Herbal remedies for tinnitus: Practitioners of Chinese medicine recommend using gingko biloba, black cohosh, Hawthorn, and Cornus (dogwood) for relieving tinnitus symptoms.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound become a potential treatment for tinnitus suffers after patients who received ultrasound testing for sinus problems reported fewer episodes of tinnitus.
- Hypnotherapy: Many tinnitus sufferers have learned how to silence tinnitus ear ringing temporarily through self-hypnosis.
- Meditation: By practicing relaxation techniques, many are able to relieve stress-related tinnitus symptoms while also learning how to ignore tinnitus sounds.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture triggers your body’s natural painkilling endorphins and promotes natural healing. In some cases, tinnitus patients have found relief by visiting an acupuncturist.
- Electromagnetic stimulation: Some scientific studies suggest that transcranial magnetic stimulation may be effective at treating chronic tinnitus.
- Ear canal magnets: Though not scientifically proven, many believe that placing magnets by the eardrum is beneficial for the ears and potential tinnitus cure.
- Low-power laser therapy: Low-power laser treatment directed at the inner ear’s cochlea is another experimental tinnitus treatment.
- Homeopathic tinnitus cures: Popular homeopathic medications for treating tinnitus symptoms include Carbo vegetabilis, Cinchona officinalis, Coffea cruda, Chininum sulphuricum, Cimicifuga, Graphites, Kali carbonicum, Lycopodium, Natrum salicylicum, and Salicylicum acidum.
Above are the top ten most popular tinnitus treatments. Some of the tinnitus treatments may be combined for a more beneficial treatment. If you have tried any of these tinnitus treatments let us know on Facebook or Twitter!