Are you experiencing ringing of the ear? Do you grind your teeth in the middle of the night? Symptoms of nighttime teeth grinding or bruxism disease include tinnitus or ringing of the ear, jaw pain, headache, and more.
If you suffer from constant ringing of the ear, then you might have tinnitus. Tinnitus is a hearing disorder that causes its sufferers to hear varying pitches of a variety of sounds in one or both ears, despite the absence of any real outside noise. There is no universal cure for tinnitus, but identifying the trigger is helpful for alleviating some of the symptoms.
Often, tinnitus results from hearing loss, either due to old age or because of an ear injury. Common ear injuries occur when the ear is frequently exposed to excessively loud noise decibels, such as explosives, loud engine noise, high volume concert music, iPod in-ear headphones, or construction noise. Other causes of ringing of the ear may include chronic ear infections, drug interactions, punctured eardrums, or bone-structure deformity.
There is a high correlation between sufferers of tinnitus or ringing of the ear, headaches, and bruxism disease, or nighttime teeth grinding. Bruxism is the result of a condition that affects the joints that connect the jawbone with the skull.
Below are some signs and symptoms of bruxism:
- Loud clenching, grinding noises in your sleep
- Blunt front teeth that are also chipped or flattened
- Eroded tooth enamel
- Chronic toothaches
- Constant pain and muscular tension in the jaws
- Jaw muscle fatigue
- Tinnitus or ringing of the ear
- Facial pain, achy cheekbones
- Tongue sores, tears, or dimples
There are many causes of ringing of the ear. However, if you grind your teeth at night and are experiencing symptoms of tinnitus, there is likely a correlation between the two. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of ringing of the ear.
- Ringing of the Ears: A Solution to Noisy Neighbors
- Is Caffeine A Cause Of Ringing In The Ears?
- Ringing In The Ears: A Tinnitus College Survival Guide
- Ringing in the Ears: Tinnitus More Prevalent in Young Adults
- Ringing In The Ears: Famous People With Tinnitus